Are you concerned about the battery life of your AirTag?
If you plan to use your AirTag on your luggage or other items, you may be wondering how to turn off AirTag to save battery.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to turn off your AirTag to conserve its battery.
One way to turn off your AirTag is to remove the battery.
However, this may not be the most convenient option, as you’ll need to find and replace the battery when you want to use the AirTag again.
Another option is to ignore the AirTag until you receive a low battery notification on your iPhone.
If you miss the notification, you can go to the Find My app and tap on the named AirTag to turn it off.
How To Turn Off AirTag To Save Battery
If you want to save your AirTag’s battery life, you can turn it off when you’re not using it.
Here are two ways to do it:
Using Find My App
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “Items” tab.
- Find the AirTag you want to turn off and tap on it.
- Tap on “Turn Off AirTag”.
- Confirm that you want to turn it off.
- Activate Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or pressing the Side button on your iPhone.
- Say “Turn off AirTag”.
- Siri will confirm that you want to turn it off.
Once you turn off your AirTag, it will no longer be connected to your Apple ID and will not be able to track your location or send you notifications.
You will also not be able to use Precision Finding, which helps you locate your AirTag with your iPhone’s camera and HomePod.
Remember that if you want to use your AirTag again, you will need to turn it back on by pressing and holding the battery cover until you hear a sound.
Also, keep in mind that if your AirTag is part of Family Sharing, turning it off will remove it from the shared list.
Turning off your AirTag is a simple and effective way to save its battery life when you’re not using it.
Just follow these steps, and you’ll be able to control its functionality and keep your content secure.
Saving AirTag Battery Life
If you want to save your AirTag’s battery life, there are a few things you can do.
Here are some tips to help you extend the life of your AirTag’s battery.
If you want to save your AirTag’s battery life, you can disable the sound it makes when it is moved.
This will help to conserve the battery life of your AirTag.
To disable the sound, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap on the AirTag that you want to disable the sound for.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Play Sound” to turn off the sound.
Using Low Power Mode
You can also use Low Power Mode to help save your AirTag’s battery life.
Low Power Mode reduces power consumption by turning off certain features.
To enable Low Power Mode, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Battery.”
- Toggle on “Low Power Mode.”
Turning Off AirTag When Not In Use
If you’re not using your AirTag, you can turn it off to save battery life.
To turn off your AirTag, follow these steps:
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and the battery.
- Replace the battery when you want to use the AirTag again.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your AirTag’s battery and avoid the low battery warning.
It’s important to note that the AirTag uses a CR2032 battery, which is a common battery type used in many devices.
If you’re concerned about the battery health of your AirTag, you can check the battery icon in the Find My app to see the battery level.
Additionally, the AirTag has a bitterant coating to discourage children and pets from swallowing the battery.
Turning off your AirTag is a simple process that can help save its battery life.
By doing so, you can ensure that your AirTag will last longer and be available when you need it.
Here are some key takeaways from this article:
- Turning off your AirTag requires removing its battery.
- Once the battery is removed, you can store the AirTag until you need it again.
- Turning off your AirTag can help save its battery life and prolong its use.
Remember that turning off your AirTag is not always necessary.
If you are using it to track an item that you frequently use, it may be more convenient to leave it on.
However, if you are storing it for a long period of time or want to conserve its battery life, turning it off is a good option.
Overall, the decision to turn off your AirTag depends on your personal preference and needs.
Whether you choose to turn it off or leave it on, make sure to use it responsibly and in accordance with local laws and regulations.