If the web search limits your results, you may wonder how to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone.
This setting allows the browser to remove any filter, giving all sorts of information you may want.
Search engines have a SafeSearch feature to prevent users from accessing explicit web results.
This filter also hides certain websites where you can find helpful information based on your search.
However, you can turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone to avoid this restriction.
You can access and toggle this setting directly on your web browser or device settings.
Read on to learn how to deactivate SafeSearch on your device, and more.
How To Turn Off SafeSearch On iPhone
Turning Off SafeSearch On iPhone
- Initiate your device’s Settings, and then select Screen Time by tapping on it.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If you have this setting enabled, tap on Content Restrictions.
- Tap on the Web Content option.
- Choose Unrestricted Access on the options given.
Turning Off SafeSearch In Search Engines
The iPhone’s default web browser, Safari, uses Google as the default search engine.
And since most users will use this browser to access the internet, it is ideal to turn off SafeSearch on it to expand your search results.
Here is how to switch SafeSearch off in the iPhone’s web browser, Safari.
- Open Safari.
- Navigate to the main page of Google and press the trio of horizontal lines situated in the upper left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Under Search Settings, select SafeSearch Filters, and select Show Explicit Results.
You can also deactivate SafeSearch if you have installed Microsoft Bing.
- Open or launch Microsoft Bing.
- Click on your profile icon or the three dashes at the top of the page
- Tap on Settings and scroll down to Search.
- Click on SafeSearch and tap on Off.
Besides Google and Bing, some iPhone users use DuckDuckGo.
- Initiate your web browser and navigate to the DuckDuckGo homepage.
- Select on the three dashes arranged horizontally on the top left-hand side.
- Tap on All Settings and scroll down the menu until you find the SafeSearch option.
- Tap on the box to get a drop-down menu.
- Choose the Off option.
Yahoo also has a search engine, and you can turn off SafeSearch.
- Launch your preferred browser and open the Yahoo search engine homepage.
- Enter your keywords.
- On the results page, scroll downward, and select Settings.
- Under Preferences, you will see the SafeSearch option.
- Click the drop-down menu on the right side.
- Select Off- do not filter results and tap on Save.
Can I Turn Off SafeSearch On My iPhone?
You can turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone by navigating to screen time or browser settings.
What Is SafeSearch Mode On An iPhone?
SafeSearch is a deep filter feature search engines use to filter explicit results from your web search.
Why Can’t I Turn Off SafeSearch?
If your administrator, account, or device has locked the settings, you cannot turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone.
SafeSearch helps prevent search engines from showing explicit results and omitting specific websites.
However, if this restriction limits your search and information, you can turn off SafeSearch.
With the above steps to switch SafeSearch off on your iPhone, you can continue browsing online without restrictions.