If you’re an iPhone user who frequently watches YouTube videos on your device, you may have encountered a situation where you want to minimize the YouTube app while the video is still playing.
Luckily, there are a few simple ways to do this, and in this article, we’ll show you how to minimize YouTube on iPhone.
One method to minimize YouTube on your iPhone is to use the Home button.
This option will allow you to keep the video playing in the background while you use other apps or browse the web.
Another option is to use the Control Center, which can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
From there, you can tap the YouTube icon to make the app smaller.
If you’re interested in learning how to play YouTube videos with your iPhone screen off, we’ll also cover that in this article.
With just a few quick steps, you can listen to your favorite YouTube content without having to keep your phone’s screen on.
If you’re someone who likes to multitask on your iPhone, then Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode is perfect for you.
With PiP, you can watch a video while using other apps on your phone.
Here’s how to use PiP on YouTube:
- Open the YouTube app and play a video in landscape mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen or press the home button to exit the app.
- The video will automatically shrink into a PiP window, which you can move around by dragging it to different parts of the screen. You can also resize the window by pinching open or closed.
- The PiP window will stay on top of other apps, allowing you to continue watching the video while using other features on your phone.
Note that PiP mode is only available on iPhone models that support iOS 14 or later.
Additionally, some videos may not be available in PiP mode due to content restrictions or other limitations.
How To Minimize YouTube On iPhone Using The Home Button
If you’re watching a YouTube video on your iPhone and you want to minimize the video while continuing to listen to the audio, you can use the Home button to do so.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Tap the Home button. This is usually the button in the middle of the navigation bar.
- The YouTube video will shrink to the side of your screen but will continue playing.
- Drag the PiP to the bottom of the screen to stop playback.
By following these steps, you can easily minimize YouTube on your iPhone and continue listening to the audio while doing other tasks on your phone.
Minimizing YouTube Using The App Switcher
If you want to continue listening to YouTube audio while using other apps on your iPhone, you can use the App Switcher to minimize YouTube.
- Open the YouTube app and start playing the video you want to listen to.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the App Switcher.
- Swipe left or right to find the YouTube app.
- Swipe up on the YouTube app to minimize it.
Now you can use other apps while still listening to the audio from the YouTube video.
To access the minimized YouTube app again, simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the App Switcher and tap on the YouTube app.
Note that minimizing YouTube using the App Switcher will pause the video playback.
If you want to continue playing the video while using other apps, you can use the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) feature on your iPhone.
However, PiP is only available on certain iPhone models and iOS versions.
Minimizing YouTube on your iPhone can be a helpful feature when you want to multitask or save battery life.
With the various methods we’ve discussed, you can choose the one that works best for you.
If you want to use the built-in Picture-in-Picture feature, make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version and use Safari to access YouTube.
This feature allows you to watch a video in a small window while using other apps.
If you prefer to use the YouTube app, you can use the Gesture feature to swipe down on the video to minimize it.
You can also use the Home button to minimize the app and then use the Control Center to access the minimized video.
Remember, if you’re concerned about your YouTube usage, you can always clear your browsing history and adjust your settings to limit your screen time.
By following these tips, you can enjoy YouTube on your iPhone while also being productive and mindful of your time.