Are you having trouble connecting to the Internet because you do not know how to find WiFi password on Macbook?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
It’s a common problem that many Mac users face.
Luckily, there are a few ways to find your Wi-Fi password on your MacBook.
One of the easiest ways to find your Wi-Fi password on your MacBook is through the Keychain Access app.
This app stores all your passwords and other sensitive information, including your Wi-Fi network password.
Another way is to use the Terminal app, which allows you to access your saved Wi-Fi passwords through a command prompt.
Whichever method you choose, we’ll guide you through the steps to find your Wi-Fi password on your MacBook.
How to Find WiFi Password on MacBook?
If you’re new to using a MacBook, it can take some time to get used to the differences between it and a PC.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you navigate your MacBook and try to find your WiFi password.
Accessing Your MacBook’s Settings
To access your MacBook’s settings, you will need to open System Preferences. Here’s how to do it:
Opening System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Click on System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can use Spotlight Search to open System Preferences. Here’s how:
- Press Command + Space Bar to open Spotlight Search.
- Type “System Preferences” and press Enter.
Navigating to Network Settings
Once you have opened System Preferences, you will need to navigate to the Network settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Network icon in the System Preferences window.
- If the padlock icon in the bottom-left corner of the window is locked, click on it and enter your admin username and password to unlock it.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you want to find the password for.
- Click on the Advanced button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Click on the Wi-Fi tab in the Advanced window.
- Under the Preferred Networks section, find the network that you want to find the password for and click on it.
- Click on the Show Password checkbox.
- Enter your admin username and password and click on the OK button.
That’s it! You should now be able to see the password for the Wi-Fi network you selected.
Identifying Your Wifi Network
Before you can find your wifi password on your Macbook, you need to identify the wifi network that you are trying to connect to.
To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the wifi icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Look for the name of your wifi network in the list of available networks.
- If you can’t find your network, try clicking on “Join Other Network” at the bottom of the list and manually enter the name of your wifi network.
- If you still can’t find your network, make sure that your wifi router is turned on and broadcasting its signal.
It’s important to make sure that you are connecting to the correct wifi network, especially if you are in a public place with multiple networks available.
Double-checking the name of the network can save you a lot of time and frustration later on.
Once you have identified your wifi network, you can move on to the next step of finding your wifi password.
Revealing Your Wifi Password
Accessing Keychain Access
To reveal your Wifi password on your MacBook, you will need to access the Keychain Access app.
Keychain Access is a built-in app on your MacBook that stores passwords and other sensitive information. To access it, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Applications folder and open the Utilities folder.
- Click on the Keychain Access app to open it.
Locating Your Wifi Network
Once you have opened Keychain Access, you will need to locate your Wifi network.
To do this, follow these steps:
- In the search bar at the top right corner of the Keychain Access window, type in the name of your Wifi network.
- Your Wifi network should appear in the list below the search bar. Double-click on it to open it.
Viewing Your Password
Now that you have opened your Wifi network’s information, you can view your Wifi password. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Show password” checkbox.
- You will be prompted to enter your MacBook’s admin username and password.
- Once you have entered your admin credentials, click on the “Allow” button.
- Your Wifi password will now be revealed in the password field.
That’s it! You now know how to reveal your Wifi password on your MacBook using Keychain Access.
Remember to always keep your passwords secure and never share them with anyone.
Finding your Wi-Fi password on your Macbook is a simple process that can be done in a few steps. Here are the key takeaways to remember:
- You can use Terminal to find your Wi-Fi password by entering the command “security find-generic-password -wa wifiname” and typing in your admin credentials.
- You can also find your Wi-Fi password in Keychain Access by searching for the network name and copying the password.
- If you’re having trouble with your Wi-Fi password, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.
- It’s important to keep your Wi-Fi password secure and not share it with others to protect your network from unauthorized access.
- You can also use third-party tools like NetSpot and TripMode to optimize your Wi-Fi signal and limit internet consumption by background apps.
By following these tips, you can easily find and manage your Wi-Fi password on your Macbook.