The latest version, macOS Sonoma beta, can be downloaded starting from June 6th, 2023.
Up until now, some users continue to use the latest version, while others want to downgrade from macOS Sonoma beta to macOS Ventura.
macOS Sonoma beta comes with fascinating features, including apps, exciting widgets, enhanced video conferencing features, and more.
However, the operating system also exhibits various deficiencies, such as conflicting compatibility with third-party applications, software glitches, and related issues.
If you want to downgrade and clean install macOS Sonoma due to its shortcomings, this article outlines the methods to downgrade without losing data.
However, here’s a piece of advice: before starting the downgrade process, make sure to back up all your data to a safe location, such as an external hard disk or cloud platform.
Creating a backup of essential data acts as a protective shield in case of any mishaps during the downgrading process.
Necessary Preparations To Downgrade Sonoma To Ventura Without Losing Data
After downgrading, you may sometimes lose data due to various reasons.
In such cases, you can recover your lost data with the help of Tenorshare 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery Software.
This powerful software has help countless Mac users to downgrade from Sonoma to Ventura without losing data.
Therefore, this is not a challenge for it.
Additionally, this tool can effectively recover permanently deleted, lost, and corrupted data from internal/external devices, Mac storage devices, SD cards, and more.
It supports a wide range of data formats, including images, audio, and documents.
Here Are The 3 Simple Steps Involved In The Recovery Process
- Download the software from the website and install it on your Mac. Once you launch the software, select the drive or location where the data was lost.
- The software will automatically start scanning, and you will see the lost files on the screen. Preview the files that you want to restore.
- Once the scan is complete, simply click the “Recover” button and save the lost file to another location.
With 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery, you may not need to worry about how to downgrade and clean install macOS Sonoma without data loss.
Top 3 Ways To Downgrade MacOS Sonoma To MacOS Ventura
Below are the methods and steps to downgrade macOS Sonoma to macOS Ventura.
Downgrade MacOS Sonoma To MacOS Ventura With The Help Of Time Machine
This method only works when you have a backup of the macOS Ventura version on the Time Machine drive.
Otherwise, try other methods to clean install macOS Sonoma.
Here are the steps to downgrade macOS Sonoma to macOS Ventura via Time Machine:
- Connect the Time Machine disk drive to your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
- When the Mac restarts, go to the boot selection screen(Option key in intel Mac and Power key in Silicon Mac).
- Click on “Restore from Time Machine Backup.” Select “Continue” next.
- Go through the process and then click the “Continue” button.
- Pick the desired backup source and click the “Continue” button.
- Select the recent Ventura backup version.
- Click “Continue.”
After implementing these steps, your macOS Sonoma beta will be downgraded to macOS Ventura.
Downgrade MacOS Sonoma To MacOS Ventura Via MacOS Recovery Tool (Applicable For Intel Mac Users Only)
In this method, the older version of the operating system gets installed.
This means if your Mac originally came with a macOS Ventura version, that version gets installed.
Try this method only if your Mac has been originally shipped with the Ventura Beta version.
To downgrade via macOS Recovery, you need a good internet connection.
Here are the steps to downgrade:
- Restart your Mac.
- Press and hold the “R and Command” keys.
- Enter your password to proceed.
- Click “Reinstall macOS” and then, click “Continue”.
- Then, choose the disk you want install macOS Ventura on.
Follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
Once the installation process is done, your Mac will have the latest macOS Ventura version installed.
Downgrade MacOS Sonoma to MacOS Ventura Using A Bootable USB
If you have successfully downgraded macOS Ventura Beta to macOS Monterey using a bootable USB, you will find this method very simple.
This is because the steps involved in downgrading macOS Sonoma Beta to Ventura are similar to the steps involved in downgrading macOS Ventura Beta to Monterey.
- Get the macOS Ventura version from the Mac App Store.
- Connect an empty USB drive with a capacity of 16 GB or more to your Mac.
- Open the “Disk Utility” on your Mac and choose your USB drive from the list of drives. Next, click “Erase” from the top menu.
- Give a name to the drive. Then, Select “macOS Extended (Journaled)” format and select “Erase.”
- Once the disk is formatted, you need to enter the command below in the “Terminal.”
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/
- In the text, after “/Volumes/,” add your USB drive name.
- After entering the command, press the “Enter” button on your keyboard and follow the instructions to create a USB bootable installer.
- Now your USB bootable installer is ready. Restart your Mac.
- When restarting, hold on to the “Option” key(Power button in Silicon Mac ). A boot menu appears with pop up and click “install macOS Ventura.”
- Next, follow the instructions.
- The installation asks for a destination disk. Select Mac’s startup disk and hit “Enter.”
- After the installation is completed, the Mac restarts, and you will have the Ventura operating system.
This is how you downgrade macOS Sonoma to Ventura using a bootable USB.
FAQs About Downgrade MacOS Sonoma
Can I Downgrade From Sonoma Beta To Ventura Without Losing Data?
Yes, you can.
It is crucial to ensure that your crucial data and files are backed up in an external hard disk, USB drive, or a secure cloud platform.
After that, you can use one of the above methods to downgrade Sonoma to Ventura.
How To Create A Bootable Usb For Ventura?
To create a bootable USB installer for Ventura, you need to have a 16 GB USB.
Make use of the “Disk Utility” option to format the USB.
Why Should I Consider Downgrading From MacOS Sonoma To MacOS Ventura?
Sonoma has plenty of outstanding features like interactive widgets, enhanced video conference tools, and many others.
But, there are many shortcomings with the latest versions.
All these shortcomings can make it difficult for users to smoothly use the operating system.
This is why it is better to downgrade from macOS Sonoma beta to macOS Ventura.
If you want to downgrade and clean install macOS Sonoma easily, it is very much possible.
All it requires is some planning and execution to successfully implement the downgrade process.
Follow the above methods mentioned in the guide to safely downgrade from Sonoma to Ventura.
Remember to create a backup of your important files before downgrading, and if you have lost any important data, try using 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery.