Knowing how to Control F on an iPhone could boost your productivity by increasing speed.
This famous command is handy when using the Safari browser, as it quickly opens the search tool—not the one where you type a browser search query. However, using it on an iPhone is different.
There is no CMD or Ctrl button on an iPhone keyboard, but there is a workaround for activating the exact search function.
With similar steps, you can activate it from the search bar on your Safari browser or Chrome.
The process is easier with PDFs, as Adobe Acrobat Reader has a dedicated search button to find words or phrases.
We’ll walk you through using Control F on an iPhone for the Safari browser and Chrome.
How To Control F On An iPhone For Safari And Chrome
You can quickly hit CMD + F on your Mac to launch the find query. The exact speed goes for Chrome on Windows, where you use Ctrl + F. However, the process works differently on iPhones.
Safari and Chrome are browsers proprietary to two different mobile operating systems, iOS and Google.
They have unique layouts, both visually and functionally. Hence, the approaches to controlling F on an iPhone differ for both.
Control F On Safari
Here are the steps to activate the find function in the Safari browser:
- Go to the website you want to locate a word or phrase.
- Tap the address bar to enter it. That is the bar that contains the website’s URL at the top.
- Type the term or phrase you want to find on the page.
- Scroll down till you see “On this page.”
- Select “Find (words or phrases you typed).”
- Use the pop-up arrow keys to move through the different instances on the page.
- Tap “Done” to exit the find function.
Control F On Chrome
If you are on a Chrome browser, here are the steps to activate the function:
- Go to the website or webpage where you want to locate a word or phrase.
- Tap the three vertical dots at the top of the screen beside the tab number.
- Scroll down till you see “Find in page.”
- Tab it and type the word or phrase.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through the different appearances on the page.
- Click “X” to close the find function.
How Can I Search For A Word Or Phrase On An iPhone?
You cannot search your entire iPhone in one move. However, you can search through individual applications like Messages, Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc.
Is Control F Available For PDFs On An iPhone?
The Adobe Acrobat Reader has a dedicated search button to help viewers find words or phrases quickly. Tap it and type the words you want to see on the page.
How Can I Use Control F On Google Docs?
You can use this function via the “Find and Replace” tool in Google Docs. Tap more and type the word into the “Find and Replace” bar.
iPhones do not have the CMD command on their keyboards. However, you can still find words or phrases on web pages with a few tweaks. Most applications on the iPhone have a search bar to find words or phrases.