If you often visit Subway and prefer using Apple Pay as your payment method, you might be wondering, Does Subway take Apple Pay?
Well, the good news is that Subway now accepts Apple Pay for in-app orders.
This convenient feature allows you to effortlessly order your favorite sub and complete the payment with just a few taps on your iPhone.
Additionally, Subway has introduced Curbside Pickup, enabling you to receive your food without the need to leave your car.
If you’re not familiar with Apple Pay, it’s a contactless payment method that allows you to pay for things using your Apple devices like your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac.
You simply add your credit or debit card information to the “Wallet” app on your device and then when you’re ready to buy something, you hold your device near a payment machine and use Touch ID, Face ID, or a passcode to pay.
It’s a convenient and secure way to make payments without having to carry around cash or cards.
But does Subway accept Apple Pay in their physical stores? The answer is yes! As of 2023, all New York City Subway stations and buses accept Apple Pay mobile payments.
This is part of the MTA’s One Metro New York (OMNY) project, which aims to modernize the city’s transit system.
So if you’re traveling around New York City, you can use Apple Pay to pay for your Subway fare.
Does Subway Take Apple Pay?
If you are an Apple user, you may be wondering if Subway takes Apple Pay.
The answer is yes! Subway is one of the businesses that implemented Apple Pay as a payment method when it launched in 2014.
Using Apple Pay at Subway is easy.
All you need to do is add your credit or debit card to the Wallet app on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
You can also add a transit card to the Wallet app to pay for your Subway fare.
Once you have added your card, you can use Apple Pay to pay for your Subway order at the counter.
Not only can you use Apple Pay at the counter, but you can also use it through the Subway app.
The app has received an update, allowing users to take advantage of Apple Pay when ordering.
You can also use Curbside Pickup to get your Subway order without leaving your car.
Apple Pay is a secure and convenient payment method.
You can use Touch ID, Face ID, or a passcode to authorize transactions, ensuring that only you can make purchases with your device.
Apple Pay also uses tokenization to protect your credit card information, so you can feel safe using it at Subway and other businesses that accept it.
In addition to Apple Pay, Subway also accepts other contactless payment methods, such as Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
You can also use your credit or debit card with the Discover, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express logo to pay for your Subway order.
PayPal is also accepted at participating locations.
In conclusion, Subway takes Apple Pay, making it easy and convenient for Apple users to pay for their Subway orders.
With the added security and convenience of Apple Pay, you can feel confident using it as your preferred payment method at Subway and other businesses that accept it.
Using Apple Pay On Subway
If you’re wondering whether Subway accepts Apple Pay, the answer is yes!
You can use Apple Pay to pay for your Subway meal at any participating Subway location.
First, make sure you have a compatible device with Apple Pay installed.
This includes iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and even some Macs.
You’ll also need to have a payment card added to your Apple Wallet.
This can be a credit or debit card, or even an express transit card if you have one.
When you’re ready to pay at Subway, simply hold your device near the scanner at the turnstile or payment terminal. You’ll see a notification on your screen confirming that the payment has been made.
It’s that easy!
Using Apple Pay on Subway is a great way to make your subway ride or meal purchase more convenient and secure.
You won’t have to worry about carrying cash or a physical payment card, and you can rest assured that your payment information is kept safe and secure with Apple’s advanced security features.
If you’re using an Apple Watch, you can even take advantage of Express Transit mode, which allows you to pay for your Subway fare without having to wake your watch or authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID.
This makes the process even faster and more seamless.
Subway also offers a variety of fare options, including full-fare and pay-per-ride options, as well as free transfers between buses and subways.
Using Apple Pay can help you take advantage of these options more easily, without having to fumble with cash or a payment card.
Overall, using Apple Pay on Subway is a great way to make your subway ride or meal purchase more convenient, secure, and seamless.
So next time you’re at Subway, give it a try!
Cities Where Subway Accepts Apple Pay
If you’re wondering whether Subway accepts Apple Pay, you’ll be happy to know that the sandwich chain does indeed accept this payment method in many cities around the world.
Here are some of the cities where you can use Apple Pay to pay for your Subway sandwich:
- New York City: Subway accepts Apple Pay at most locations in the city, making it a convenient option for commuters and tourists alike.
- Chicago: Subway accepts Apple Pay at many locations throughout the city, including some of the busiest stations.
- Portland: Subway accepts Apple Pay at select locations in the city, making it a convenient option for those on the go.
- Los Angeles: Subway accepts Apple Pay at some locations throughout the city, making it a convenient option for those who want to avoid carrying cash.
- Miami: Subway accepts Apple Pay at select locations in the city, making it a convenient option for those who want to pay quickly and easily.
If you’re traveling internationally, you’ll be happy to know that Subway also accepts Apple Pay in many cities around the world.
Here are some of the cities where you can use Apple Pay to pay for your Subway sandwich:
- Beijing and Shanghai: Subway accepts Apple Pay at many locations throughout these two major Chinese cities.
- Japan: Subway accepts Apple Pay at select locations throughout the country, making it a convenient option for travelers.
- Singapore: Subway accepts Apple Pay at many locations throughout the city, making it a convenient option for locals and visitors alike.
- London: Subway accepts Apple Pay at many locations throughout the city, including those operated by Transport for London (TfL).
- Canada: Subway accepts Apple Pay at many locations throughout the country, making it a convenient option for Canadians.
Overall, if you’re looking for a quick and convenient way to pay for your Subway sandwich, using Apple Pay is a great option.
With its widespread availability in many major cities around the world, you can easily grab a sandwich on the go without having to worry about carrying cash or credit cards.
Alternatives To Apple Pay On Subway
If you don’t have an Apple device or prefer not to use Apple Pay, there are still several ways to pay for your Subway fare.
Here are some alternatives:
You can use a transit card, such as the MTA MetroCard in New York City, to pay for your Subway fare.
These cards can be purchased at vending machines in Subway stations and can be refilled as needed.
Some transit cards may also offer discounts or other benefits.
The Subway app allows you to order and pay for your meal ahead of time, so you can skip the line and pick up your food quickly.
While the app doesn’t currently support Apple Pay, you can still use a credit or debit card to pay for your order.
If you’re shopping at Target, you can use the Target app to pay for your Subway fare.
Simply add your Subway gift card to the Target app and use it to pay for your meal.
Several other restaurants also offer mobile payment options that you can use to pay for your Subway fare.
These include Baskin-Robbins, Chick-fil-A, Chili’s, Dunkin’, Panera, KFC, Starbucks, Chipotle, and Jamba Juice.
Check with each restaurant to see what payment options they offer and how to use them.
Remember to always check with the specific Subway location you plan to visit to see what payment options they accept.
If you’re a Subway customer and wondering if you can use Apple Pay to pay for your food, the answer is yes.
Here’s what you need to know about using Apple Pay at Subway:
- To use Apple Pay at Subway, you need to have an Apple device with Apple Pay installed. You can download the app from the App Store if you don’t already have it.
- Once you have Apple Pay set up, you can use it to make mobile payments at Subway. To confirm that Subway accepts Apple Pay, look for the contactless payment symbol at the checkout counter.
- When you’re ready to pay, simply hold your device near the contactless payment reader and follow the prompts on your device to complete the transaction.
- If you prefer to use a debit card, you can still use mobile payments at Subway by adding your debit card to your Apple Wallet.
- If you have any questions about using Apple Pay at Subway, check out the Subway FAQ page or contact their customer support team for assistance.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, using mobile payments like Apple Pay can help reduce the spread of germs by avoiding physical contact with cash or cards.
In summary, using Apple Pay at Subway is a convenient and safe way to pay for your food.
Just make sure you have the app installed on your device and look for the contactless payment symbol at the checkout counter.