If you’re an iPad user, you may be wondering ‘can I use my iPad to make phone calls without an iPhone.’
The answer is yes, you can make phone calls on your iPad using a variety of methods.
One way to make phone calls on your iPad is through the use of apps like Skype, WhatsApp, or FaceTime.
These apps allow you to make voice and video calls over the internet, using Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi calling, a feature that allows you to make calls over a Wi-Fi network instead of using your cellular service.
This feature is available on some iPads, but it depends on your carrier and the specific model of your device.
Can I Use My iPad To Make Phone Calls Without iPhone?
Yes, you can make phone calls on your iPad without an iPhone.
However, you need to have an iPad with cellular connectivity or Wi-Fi calling capabilities to make phone calls.
How To Make Phone Calls On iPad Without iPhone
To make phone calls on your iPad without an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Make sure your iPad has cellular connectivity or Wi-Fi calling capabilities.
- Open the Phone app on your iPad.
- Tap the “Contacts” tab to select a contact or enter a phone number manually.
- Tap the “Audio” button to initiate a voice call.
If you have an Apple Watch, you can also make phone calls from your iPad using the “Calls on Other Devices” feature.
To enable this feature, go to “Settings” on your iPhone, select “Phone,” and then select “Calls on Other Devices.”
Make sure the toggle switch next to your iPad is turned on.
Using Wi-Fi Calling On iPad
If your iPad doesn’t have cellular connectivity, you can still make phone calls using Wi-Fi calling.
To enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPad, follow these steps:
- Make sure your iPad is running iOS 8.1 or later or iPadOS.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPad and select “Cellular Data” or “Mobile Data.”
- Select “Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices” and follow the prompts to set up Wi-Fi calling.
- Make sure the “Allow Calls on Other Devices” toggle switch is turned on in the “Phone” section of your iPhone’s settings.
With Wi-Fi calling enabled, you can make phone calls from your iPad even if your iPhone is not nearby.
However, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to use Wi-Fi calling.
Note that emergency calls cannot be made using Wi-Fi calling on iPad.
You need to have an iPhone with cellular connectivity to make emergency calls.
Overall, making phone calls on your iPad is a convenient feature that can come in handy when your iPhone is not nearby.
With cellular connectivity or Wi-Fi calling capabilities, your iPad can be used as a phone to make voice calls, video conferencing, and more using third-party apps like Skype, Talkatone, or Google Voice.